Position: Youth Pastor
Education and Experience
- B.A or equivalent in Protestant Christian Seminary, with 2 years or beyond experience of leading Youth Ministry and delivering sermons to youth.
- Have a clear calling to serve the Lord as a youth pastor. Have a heart to preach the gospel, train disciples, and edify the church.
- Experience in a cross-cultural Christian church environment is preferred.
- Meet the Biblical requirements of Elder and Overseer [1 Tim 3:1-9] [Titus1:6-9]
- Have the abilities to lead youth fellowship with Bible study and discussion, engage youth to own personal Bible study and Christ-center faith, and train them with critical Biblical thinking, discussion, and connection to daily life.
- Able to analyze socio-cultural problems with Biblical worldviews and helping youth to make godly choices.
- Good at organizing youth events.
- Enjoy interacting with people to build up relationships, especially with youth and their parents.
- Capable of using modern office tools, (ex: MS Office, Zoom, Google Meet etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pastor youth
- Help and lead youth to own their faith, own a God-centered lifestyle and Biblical worldview, and train them to train others.
- On average, give at least 2 Sunday sermons to youth every month.
- Work with other youth workers and build up youth Sunday school.
- Lead youth fellowship and Bible study, and train the next generation of youth leaders.
- Organize youth events.
- Visit and mentor youth and build relationships with their parents.
- Work with Church leadership to strengthen youth ministry and, in the long term, build youth/college students/english ministries.
Statements and Proclamations
- Apostle’s Creed
- Nicene Creed
- Chalcedonian Creed
- Athanasian Creed
- Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- The Cambridge Declaration
- Nashville Statement
- Suffolk Christian Church Bylaws (Ask for reference)